Functions of the Markets Committee
The activities and functions of the Market Subcommittee (MSC) are contained in the SAPP Inter Utility Memorandum of Understanding. The duties of the Markets Sub-Committee shall include but not limited to the following:
- The continued development of an appropriate electricity market for the SADC Region.
- The design and recommendation of a suitable market structure for SAPP.
- Determine criteria to authorize Members to trade.
- Responsibility to admit and authorise Members to trade, risk management, research and benchmarking.
- Presentation of all findings and recommendations to the Management Committee and carrying out any other functions and activities as assigned or approved by the Management Committee
- Responsible for all market operations in SAPP